America’s Favorite Halloween Candy By State
- Source: Instacart
- A new report by Instacart reveals America’s candy preferences by state, analyzing last year’s purchase data from their platform.
- Overall, chocolate is the most popular choice, with 84% of shoppers buying chocolate to give out to trick or treaters.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut M&Ms are the top Halloween candy choices, with eight of the Top 10 being chocolate treats.
Top 10 Halloween Treats
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut M&Ms
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate
- Kit Kat
- Milky Way
- When it comes to chocolates by state, Peanut Butter Cups are most popular in the East, and in Wyoming, while folks in the West tend to go for Peanut M&Ms.
- Two exceptions to this rule are Hawaii, and New Hampshire, who prefer regular M&Ms.
As for other types of Halloween treats…
- Twizzlers are way more popular than Red Vines in most of the country, although states in the Pacific Northwest, and a bit of the West go for Red Vines, as opposed to the rest of the country.
- As for lollipops, the West Coast and some of the Southeast and Northeast prefer Dum-Dums, while the Midwest, and some of the South and North prefer Charms Blow Pops.
- When it comes to which states are buying the most Halloween candy, the Top Five include:
The states buying the least Halloween candy include:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Click here to check out the most popular Halloween candy in your state