Trick-or-treating folks have some definite opinions on who should and shouldn’t be going door-to-door begging for candy.
A new HalloweenCostumes.com survey finds:
- 36.69% adults say there should be no age limit to trick-or-treating, although not everyone agrees.
- 27.95% of people think it’s not okay for those 17 and older to go door-to-door.
- While 24.29% say the same for those 15 and older.
- 8.62% think 13-years-old should be the cut off
- Only 2.44% think 11 is too old.
While most parents will accompany their kids trick-or-treating, there comes a point where some can go out on their own, although that is up for debate.
- 26.55% agree that those 15 and over should be able to trick-or-treat by themselves.
- 30.86% say kids 13 and 14 should be able to.
- 28.7% are okay with kids 11 and 12 going on their own/
- 8.7% think it’s okay for kids nine and 10
- And 5.19% actually think it’s okay for seven and eight-year-olds to go out on their own.
Source: Business Insider