What’s the best Halloween candy is subject of constant debate, but the truth is the only thing that really matters is what kids hope to get when they go trick or treating, because nobody wants to be the house to hand out gross candy. So, what are kids’ favorite Halloween treats?
- Well, a new poll by YouGov asked kids eight to 14 to choose their favorite Halloween candy, pitting treats, as well as candy alternatives, in head-to-head matchups from a list of 76 options.
- The Halloween options, which in addition to candy included things like apples, and granola bars, were then ranked by “win percentage.”
- Topping the list as the favorite Halloween treat is a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, with a 75.9% win percentage.
Kids’ Top 10 Favorite Halloween Candy
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup (75.9%)
- M&Ms (Original) (72.8%)
- Milky Way bar (70.6%)
- Hershey’s milk chocolate bar (69.5%)
- Kit Kat (67.6%)
- Gummy bears (66.9%)
- Hershey’s Kisses (66.7%)
- Reese’s Pieces (66.3%)
- Peanut M&Ms (66.1%)
- Twix bar (66%)
- As for what kids don’t want, black licorice is the most hated, with only a 16% win percentage.
- In fact, several candy alternatives did better than black licorice, including:
- Snack-sized bag of cookies (41.7%)
- Snack-sized bag of pretzels (41.2%)
- Beef jerky stick (28.8%)
- An orange (35.9%)
- An apple (32%)
- Sugar-free gum (30.1%)