Apparently a lot of people aren’t just thinking about their costumes, but about their pet’s costumes as well!
A new WAG! survey finds:
- 95% of pet parents say they are excited for Halloween this year.
- 59% of pet parents who celebrate Halloween say they will bring their pets trick or treating with them.
- And pet parents plan to spend in order to make sure their four-legged friends look good.
- 55% of dog owners and 46% of cat owners say they’ll spend more than $25 on their pet’s costume.
- While 30% of dog owners and 26% of cat owners will spend more than $50.
- Overall, 31% of pet owners would prefer to bring their dog or cat trick or treating than their child or spouse.
- 38% of people would rather a dog or cat be at their door trick or treating than a child, friend or neighbor.
- 53% think dogs or cats look cuter in costume than children.
As for the most common dog/cat costumes…
- 50% of pet parents plan to put their pets in a superhero costume.
- 54% are considering a “funny costume.”
- And some folks have definite ideas of what costumes will go best with certain breeds.
- They include:
- Great Dane + Jurassic Park dinosaur
- Pitbull + Thor
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel + Bridgerton character
- Shih-‐tzu + Winifred from Hocus Pocus
- German Shepherd + Batman
- Golden Retriever + Spiderman
- Chihuahua + Yoda